The course is organized for four days on Data Analysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics version 26. This a one of the research software equipped with powerful features to manage data, manipulate, process and analyze data effectively to produce good and organized analytical reports. Reports with findings presented in a smart way will help program managers, M and E officers, and Researchers to make proper decisions concerning the projects. Among the powerful features are panel data analysis, complex customized tables, cross-tabulation analysis, nested tables, one to three ways graphs
The goal of the workshop is to equip the participants with relevant knowledge and skills to manage and analyze projects data effectively in presenting findings in projects reports (baseline, midterm, monitoring, and end-line reports)
After completing this course, participants should be able:
- Getting Started with IBM SPSS Statistics, create and define project data files
- To understand variable types, create variables and code them into a data entry file
- To do data entry and mining. keying data, importing data from excel, accessing databases, and text files, Merging cases and variables between two files
- To perform data cleaning, manipulation, and transforming
- To export final data sets to other formats (excel, text, and Stata)
- To edit and format tables, graphs and export them into Microsoft word for reporting
- To perform various descriptive and inferential statistics for reporting findings.
Training Methodology and Approach
The training will be participatory and fully practical oriented (group works and discussions) with very limited lecturing on PowerPoint. Participants will be installed with the latest TRIAL version of IBM SPSS Statistics 26 to work in handover practical exercise with trainers
Workshop Organization and duration
- The training will be conducted from 08:30 to 16:00 every day
- The Training will be facilitated by a highly experienced research expert and consultant from RESEARCH EXPERTS (T) LIMITED, His CV is attached here https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewrkagwa/
Targets and Beneficiaries
- Researchers in different fields, Managers in various fields, in private and public organizations, Statisticians, Planning Officers, Monitoring and Evaluations Officers, Records Managers, Lecturers from Higher Learning Institutions, Staff from Government Ministries, Local Government Authorities, Regulatory Authorities, Agencies, and Parastatals Organizations.
- Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Ph.D. students
Training Fee and Software
- No participants will be charged any cost for purchasing IBM SPSS. A trial version will be installed on the laptops of participants.
- The fee will cover the installation of TRIAL IBM SPSS Statistics Software, facilitation fee, learning materials, lunch, healthy break, and certificates.
- Offline payment via cash deposit via CRDB bank Pay to “RESEARCH EXPERTS OF TANZANIA” Account No. 0150396237500; CRDB at any branch-Tanzania before the commencement of the course. Use Mobile Money Networks to send money directly to our account
- Offline Payment Using Vodacom Pay Number (Mpesa Lipa Namba) 5057789 or Tigo Lipa Number 7068386
- Online payment via two methods
- Secured master or visa cards