Does RET own CSPro?
No, we do not own the app or develop it but rather we use it to developed data collection applications in PCs and upload them to Android devices for data collection. The software is free to download at https://www.census.gov/data/software/cspro.Download.html
What is CSPro?
The Census and Survey Processing System (CSPro) is a public domain software package developed and owned by the United States Census Bureau. Its license is a free open source. CSPro has been used by many organizations and tens of thousands of individuals for entering, editing, tabulating, and disseminating census and survey data. CSPro supports data collection on both Windows PCs and android devices (phones and tablets). The CSEntry Android App works in collaboration with the desktop version of CSPro.
CSPro supports smart data transfer from Android or Windows devices to three types of servers;
- CSWeb server running on local PC or web server
- FTP server on your domain and
- Dropbox server which is the easiest one and does not need any coding skills
CSEntry CSPro App is used for computer-assisted personal interviewing (CAPI) on Android phones and tablets.
- - Design, create, and test census and survey questionnaires using CSPro on Windows
- - Collect data seamlessly on both Android and Windows platforms
- - Display interactive maps in online and offline modes
- - Automatically synchronize questionnaires and data using CSWeb, Bluetooth, Dropbox or FTP
- - Export data to Excel, Stata, SPSS, and other formats
- - Features designed for survey data collection:
- - Skip patterns
- - Robust error and consistency checking
- - Rosters allow for blocks of repeating questions
- - Use reference files for panel surveys
- - Multiple language support
- - Implement complex logic using the CSPro programming language
For more information about CSPro please visit https://www.census.gov/population/international/software/cspro/